Wednesday 11 March 2009

Thriller

12/03/09

Today we were lucky enough to be able to watch all of the media students work in the cinema. This was good because it allowed me to hear what people thought of my thriller and I also got to see what work other people produced.

One film I thought it needed mending was love me not. I thought them putting a list of credits at the end made their film look like a short film rather than an opening. Also in one shot their tripod and bags for lighting could be seen. This was very bad, it relates to mise en scene-what can be seen in the shot.

Another thriller we watched was ‘vengeful vixen’, I thought this thriller was okay but looked really cheap. The thriller looked as though it had been shot in the college. Most of it was edited by computer so much film was not required. Also some of their shots were repeated.

 Another thing I looked out for was sound. The soundtracks of most of the thrillers were good because they added intensity and suspense to the film. However some non-diegetic sound was badly used because it didn’t mix well with what was on the screen. As for example one film showed a knife being picked up but the non-diegetic sound sounded as if seven knives were being picked up. Also many thrillers used a voice over as for example one thriller showed a radio and they had voice over with a mans voice and he was saying the news which related to one of the characters in the thriller. 

No comments: